WELCOME TO PLAYLAND! (back to top)
Welcome to Playland, where our visitors experience safe, clean family fun. We do our part every day to make sure that our rides and attractions exceed stringent safety standards. It is vital that parents and guardians do their part as well.
To make your visit safe and enjoyable, the information here details general safety rules and policies for parents, guardians and kids.
You'll notice all rides have height restrictions (See Rides) and safety restraints; and all designated swim areas have lifeguards. Please follow these and other posted rules and use your common sense. If you don't understand the rules, please ask a ride operator, other park employees or beach and pool attendants.
By working together, we can ensure that Playland remains a safe and happy place.
• No coolers are permitted in the Amusement Park except in rental areas. All coolers, bags and packages are subject to search.
• Alcoholic beverages and glass containers are not permitted in the Amusement Park.
• No barbecue grills, propane grills, or catering equipment permitted.
• Smoking is prohibited in the amusement park, beach and pool areas.
• Bicycling, skateboarding, rollerblading and remote control devices are prohibited in the Park.
• Solicitation, posting of bills or flyers and/or distribution of these materials is prohibited.
• Trees, buildings or posts may not be used for hanging personal items (i.e. signs, banners, hammocks, etc.).
• Commercial photography is strictly prohibited without a permit from Westchester County.
• Dogs are allowed on the boardwalk. Dogs must be on a leash no longer than 6 feed in length. Owners must clean up after their dogs. Pets/animals are prohibited in the Amusement Park. Documented service animals are welcome.
• Feeding wildlife is strictly prohibited in or around the park.
• Fishing is permitted at the end of the pier only.
• Dress Code: Please wear non-offensive and appropriate attire, which must include shoes, shirts/top and pants/shorts/skirt at all times in the Amusement Park.
• Electronic devices: Cell phones, camcorders, cameras and personal listening devices are not to be used in the restrooms or on rides. They must be secured at all times when on rides. Personal listening devices must be used with earphones.
• Playland is not responsible for valuables or any item not secured or lost in the park or on a ride. Please report any lost articles to Guest Relations and Playland will make every effort to recover them.
Please recycle and help keep our park clean.
GENERAL INFORMATION (back to top)
We Strongly Suggest...
That group leaders/guardians ensure that their parties/young children have their cell phone number while at the park, so that they may be easily reached if they are separated. All parties should retain their Wristband receipt, as it may assist in locating your child/party in the event that you are separated.
Ride Safety & Rules (back to top)
Please follow these simple ride safety tips when riding. Additional precautions should be taken by parents and guardians who supervise smaller or younger children.
• Know you and your child's capabilities in determining whether or not a particular ride is appropriate.
• Watch the ride in operation before riding - make sure you/your child are comfortable with it and can ride it safely.
• Observe the height lines and read and follow all ride safety signs. These are posted at each ride and throughout the park to ensure safety.
• Smoking, food, gum and drinks are NOT allowed on rides or ride lines as they pose safety and choking hazards.
• Loose articles and personal possessions such as electronic devices, keys, hats, glasses, backpacks, purses and stuffed animals should be left at home, kept in a locker or left with a non-rider while at the Park or on rides. Lockers are provided for a fee, and some rides provide shared bins. All items and clothing must be appropriately secured while on a ride; some smaller items can be stored/secured in cargo pockets or waist pouches. Hats must be secured, and jackets/sweaters must be worn properly and not around the waist while on a ride. Some rides do not allow backpacks, purses or head gear of any kind.
• Fasten safety equipment and demonstrate appropriate behavior while on the ride and ride lines. Line jumping may result in ejection from the Park with no refund. Be sure to use seatbelts and all safety equipment such as shoulder harness, lap bar or chain. Keep hands, arms, legs and feet inside the ride. Follow the instructions from the ride operator and stay seated at all times. The Ride Operator will instruct you on how, when and where to exit a ride.
• Designate an easily recognizable place to meet your child/party, once the ride is over.
• No one is allowed to ride alone on Gondola, Ye Old Mill and Himalaya.
• Never enter any ride that you are uncomfortable with… WHEN IN DOUBT, DON'T RIDE!
Dark Rides (back to top)
Parents and guardians should pay special attention to Dark Rides, which are enclosed rides that may contain scary scenes, loud noises and flashing lights.
-Ye Old Mill
• The 'Buddy System' encourages parents and guardians to ride along with their young children on Dark Rides.
• Parents and guardians should use additional caution and discretion if allowing a child to ride.
Only you know your children best.
Please be aware of ride safety/warning restrictions prior to boarding:
-Minimum Height Restriction
-Maximum Height Restriction
-Must Ride With an Adult
-Heart Trouble/High Blood Pressure
Ride Restrictions and Disabled Riders (back to top)
• Medical Conditions - Guests with medical conditions (not limited to those listed), should exercise discretion in selecting rides to experience: Heart problems, back/neck problems, pregnancy, high blood pressure or recent surgery.
• Exceptional Size - For safety reasons, all passenger restraint systems must be positioned and fastened properly to allow guests to ride. Guests of exceptional size may not be accommodated on some of our rides and attractions.
• Disabled Riders - Handicap accessible rides are noted. All guests are expected to board rides independently. If assistance is needed, a companion must accompany the rider. Disabled riders who require a companion to ride with them must use Fun Cards or wristbands for admission for both. Guests with disabilities or who utilize a wheelchair are asked to stop at the Guest Relations Office for a special access pass.
• Guests with casts or braces will be restricted from riding rides where the cast or brace may present a hazard to the guest or others. If in doubt about your ability to safely experience a ride, do not ride.
• Prosthetics may need to be removed to ride.
• All ride manufacturer restrictions apply.
GENERAL ADMISSION POLICIES: (back to top)
Wristbands, Fun Cards & Parking
• All guests need a wristband for admission into the amusement park, which will be put on by Playland personnel – all parties must be together.
• Wristbands may not be resold, shared or given to someone else once worn. Violators will be ejected from the park with no refund. It is strongly recommended that guests keep their receipts.
• Admission Playland offers admission options for 'riders' and 'spectators' alike.
Same day upgrades are available. Refer to the website for the most up to date offerings and specials.
• Fun Cards Points prior to 2008 are valid for admission and rides only.
Promotional Fun Card Entitlements are valid for the year issued only. Fun Cards may not be resold.
• Wristbands are activated upon park entry and valid for that day only. Should you need to leave the park, be sure to get your hand stamped and band scanned at the exit gates for re-entry later in the day. Wristbands are not transferable.
• Height Stations are located by all sales booths and kiosks. Visit a height station to be sure which rides you/your child may or may not be able to safely ride prior to making your purchase. (See Rides)
• Parking receipts are not valid for re-entry into parking, re-entry requires payment. No refunds.
• Schedules, attractions and prices are subject to change without notice.
• Westchester County Residents receive discounts; proof of residency is required. The following are accepted: NYS Issued photo ID,
NYS driver's license, Westchester County Park Pass, Westchester County school photo ID or report card, credit card with ZIP code verification.
• Westchester County Park Pass
- Westchester County Park Passes are valid for 3 years and can be purchased in the Administration Building from 11:00 a.m. until one hour before the park closes (4 p.m. on Mondays).
- Passes can be purchased from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. on days the park is closed for the season from September through April.
- A valid driver's license or two forms of ID showing proof of Westchester County residency is required, one must be a photo ID.
- Resident Park Pass $60 for 3 years
- Senior Park Pass $60 for 6 years Must be age 60 years or over.
- Disabled Park Pass $60 for 6 years Must present an eligibility form, which can be obtained from the Westchester County Office for the - Disabled at (914) 995-2957 or 995-7397 (TDD for the Hearing Impaired). The application must be signed by a physician.
Inclement Weather Policy (back to top)
• Some rides will close due to inclement weather conditions.
• Weatherproof Policy – If the park closes due to inclement weather conditions during your visit, save your wristbands for a full credit toward a return visit during the season.
Stroller and Wheelchair Rentals (Limited Availability) (back to top)
• We rent strollers and wheelchairs at all admission booths. They can be picked up and dropped off in the Fountain Plaza located next to the Ice Rink. They can be rented for a fee of $10 with a refundable $100 deposit. Payment must be made at any sales booth.